Friday, February 1, 2013

STOMP NYC

I just need to say, STOMP was amazing.

I luckily got special price tickets, otherwise I would have not gone.
I didn't imagine the show could be that enjoyable, especially I have seen them performing on TV.

Yet I must say I was wrong.
The excitement of live performance was totally different from watching on screen.
Performers are there with you, and you, as an audience, are creating the moment together.

Although performers never spoke, I could totally feel what is going on between them.
All the characters were very clear, and it was because of their strong ability of dance and rhythm.
STOMP was like watching pantomiming, dancing, percussing, and acting all at the same time.

Oh, and what impressed me more was the design aspects of the show.
The stage design told the setting of the story very clearly, and it was very efficient.
I first questioned why the designer made this set, but at the end I totally understood. It was perfect.
And lighting design. OH MY GOSH.
The lighting effectively highlighted the tension of performance.
It seemed everything was per-considered; timing, spotting, and even reflection.

For the last, I would like to send applause of appreciation to stage manager and backstage people.
I cannot imagine how hard to prepare all stuffs for the cast members perfectly on time.


I loved it so much.
I strongly recommend you to go see STOMP at off-Broadway.
Trust me, it's worth it.




P.S.
If you got time and some sweet craving before/after the show, try Spot Dessert Bar on St. Marks.
My favorite so far is Chocolate Green Tea Lava.
Warm chocolate cake that filled with melted chocolate and green tea sauce.
You probably have to wait in line, but I don't mind it for that cake, honestly.


No comments:

Post a Comment